Initiation Into Spiritual Life: Solid Foundations I
Syllabus of The 8 Days Online Course
First Part: Introduction and Lectio Divina
I – Day One
– Introduction and description of Spiritual life, its goal and its stages.
– Our Lady and her place in our Spiritual life.
II – Day Two
– The Roots of our Prayer: Dogma and Spiritual Life.
– Lectio Divina I : how to listen to God each day through the daily readings of the Bible.
III – Day Three
– Lectio Divina II : Continuation of the presentation. Discernement and difficulties.
– Guided Lectio Divina.
– Reading the Bible “in the Spirit”. How the Fathers of the Church read the Bible.
Second Part: General Laws of Spiritual Life
IV – Day Four
– The Theological Acts: Faith, Hope and Love.
– The Ups and downs. The mechanism of Temptation. Learning to adjust to the Grace of God.
V – Day Five
– Christ in Spiritual Life.
– The Holy Spirit in Spiritual Life.
Third Part: Prayer of the Heart
VI – Day Six
– God’s Love.
– To Love God with All our Heart: our emotions
– The Prayer of the Heart : History
– The Summary of the Method.
– Distractions / recollecting the mind.
VII – Day Seven
The Prayer of the Heart I: Way of Perfection CC. 26. 28-29.
– Recollecting the mind.
– The recollection movement. “Prayer of Recollection.”
VIII – Day Eight
The Prayer of the Heart II: Way of Perfection CC. 30-31
– God’s Action in the Prayer of the Heart. “Prayer of Quiet.”
– General advices.